Welcome to Peterson Boer Goats
Peterson Boer Goats began in Southwest Nebraska in 2006. After several generations of raising cattle, meat goats emerged as an exciting new opportunity full of endless possibilities.
We have found meat goats to be an excellent form of livestock for use in this economy, this climate, and this environment. As you view our site, you will begin to see how we have utilized meat goats to make the most of all of these resources.
Our goals are to improve the meat goat industry both within our own herd, as well as in the herds of others. We try to obtain these goals while using the resources that God has placed here for us. We are not afraid to try something new and are constantly looking for fresh new ways of doing things.
"Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Here are some of the items and services offered here at Peterson Boer Goats.
- Quality breeding stock, both fullblood and commercial, to improve your herds growth rate, resilience, and health. A picture is worth a thousand words and you'll find quality up to date photos on our "Goats for Sale" page to help you with your selection.
- Goat Marketing, by keeping up with current markets, you can make better decisions on where to sell your goats and when to sell them. Check out our up to date market links to see what's going on in other markets around the country.
- Great Pyrenees Livestock Guard Dogs. Our dogs have proven to be a huge asset to our own operation as well as others. Currently, our dogs are on duty on goat ranches, llama farms, and households across a seven state area.
- Grazing Programs. In this area, we have been fortunate to be able to put out goats out for hire for the cleanup and removal of unwanted brush, invasive species, and weeds. See the Grazing Services page for more information.
- Boarding Services. With our Grazing Programs, we oftentimes have more pasture available to us than we can utilize with our own goats. This has initiated our Boarding Program. During the Spring and Summer, we have been taking in, or "boarding", goats from other ranches at a very low cost. You can read more about this on the Boarding Program page and see if it is something that could be a benefit to your program.
- Livestock Equipment. From time to time, we manufacture equipment for use with all kinds of livestock. Other times, we modify existing products for use specifically with goats. Check out our equipment page for our latest offerings.
"For those of you within driving distance... it's worth the trip just to meet Larry (Dad) and see the facility. They have a nice commercial goat operation in the makings there."
- Pam Perry / Dragonfly Boer Goats